Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Doubts

So after looking at heaps of boards at patagonia, quiksilver, ripcurl and Base, I am thinking my board may well be too short. Perhaps I should have gone for 5'6? Anyway, It is cut now. I found another 5'6 board with 20 1/4 width, and that got me thinking I've made a small-en.

I have just drawn up a rocker template, based on the template in the link below and from checking out other boards and decided that the rocker on the blank is pretty good. I will use this rocker and shape the nose and tail to suit an al merrick-type shape.

I go about drawing and cutting out cardboard templates for the rocker and drawing them on the blank. This gives me inspiration again - seeing the profile shape on the foam.

And hey if it's too short Jasper gets a long board for his birthday.


1 comment:

  1. onya Jase. that's a plush looking shaping bay/office you got there fella!

    ReplyDelete