Monday, January 11, 2010

Squaring the rails

Using a small rasp, I started grading the rails down to clean up the crooked saw cuts and to make them square. I realised it is important to work in a complete motion along the rail, after I focused on a small section and lost the curve of the rail. Luckily this was only a small part of the rail and I picked it up before I had taken away too much foam, so was able to correct it. So now all the rails are square with the base of the board and in the profile of the board. I have decided to leave the tail uncut until I resolve what I am going to do with it.





I'm pretty stoked with the general outline now, and I want to race on to the next part of shaping, but I will need to do a bit more research into finding out the right dimensions for the rocker and profile sections...


No comments:

Post a Comment