Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Old Rocker

So now I need to get a rocker template. I scoured google and found this template, but I'm not so sure about it, so I drove myself off to Quiksilver in Torquay with my trusty iPhone. I grabbed a business card on the way out and marked half inch marks on it for scale.

After a lengthy chat to the boffin selling boards, I managed to lay the board flat on the carpet and take a few shots of the nose and tail rocker:





Now I've got to try to make a decent shape. While I was looking at other boards, I started to see things I hadn't even noticed before. Things like how very different rails are. From Boxy to Knife-sharp, and where than transition begins on the tail. I could spot boards with dodgy glass jobs and others. Really eye opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment