Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On Closer Look...

Australia Day - gotta love a few days off work!

I was planning on getting some glass and resin and going for it, but I had some visits from a few mates and got to look at the board with fresh eyes.

Among the things I had overlooked in my excitement are:
- one side of the board near the first foot from the nose is about a half inch wider than the other side.
- one side of the tail is about a quarter inch wider than the other.
- the concave is a little uneven
- there is an uneven part on the mid rail on one side.
- the stringer is sitting up a little too much and needs to be planed back.
- the nose is sharp enough to be a lethal weapon, so I need to round it off a little.

I was going to blow them off and just go glassing, but in the few days I had to reflect on it, I have decided I want to get this as good as I can, so I'll get back out with the rasp and paper to fix those things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment